Well, last night was our first ever visit to the ER. The Boy is fighting a cold and came home from daycare yesterday with a fever. He was acting normal though and even ate dinner. Since he did not have a temp when he went to bed I decided not to fight the fight of trying to get medicine in him (never a easy thing). About 2:30 in the morning he woke up and came to get me to come lie down with him (happens just about every night). After lying with him a few minutes he suddenly sat up yelling then had a febrile seizure. Very scary!!! Since we have never been through ANYTHING like that before I decided a trip to the ER was warranted. Fortunately it was as I thought - "just" a febrile seizure. We got back home about 5:30 and got a little sleep. Not a fun night nor one I ever want to repeat again.
Wow! that must have been scary! It happened to one of our kids about three times. Doc gave phenolbarb for high fever. hope all is well now.
ReplyDelete